Photobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Primers: L'Oreal De-Crease vs Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Eyeshadow primers are very important to help your eyeshadow last all day and prevent creasing (especially if you have oily lids). I decided to do a comparison and see how well these stand up to each other. I used L'Oreal primer on one eyelid and the Too Faced primer on the other then applied the exact same eyeshadow on both. I knew which one I favored but I had no idea how much of a difference there would be in the end.

L'Oreal De-Crease:

You can find this in most drug stores. I got mine at Wal-Mart for around $7.99
On their website they claim "Prevent eye shadow creasing or fading for up to 8 hours "



Too Faced Shadow Insurance:


I found this at Sephora, at any counter that sells Too Faced products or on http://www.ulta.com/ for around $18
They claim "you can rest easy knowing your eye shadow will never crease flake or fade"


So Let the test begin! First off, here is my freshly applied makeup:




I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance on my right eye (your left) and L'Oreal De-Crease on my left eye (your right). Then for my eyeshadow I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Pots & Pans, Coastal Scents colors Silver, Black & Soft Brown.

Here are close ups of the eyes at 9:00 am:

Too Faced                                                                                                    L'Oreal

 









I checked my makeup periodically. Here is are close ups at 12:00 pm:

Too Faced                                                                                                 L'Oreal













At 6:00 pm:

                                                                    Too Faced                                                                 



                                              L'Oreal (bigger to show its already creasing)






And finally at 9:00 pm before I took off my makeup:

                                                                        Too Faced



L'Oreal




As you can clearly see, the Too Faced Shadow Insurance held up pretty well, the eyeshadow looks almost as good as it did when it was freshly applied ....the L'Oreal De-Crease failed miserably in my opinion. I have oily lids and it just doesn't cut it for me. I want my eyeshadow to last all day.

If you don't wear an eyeshadow primer and you don't have a problem creasing but do notice your shadow fades then the L'Oreal will probably work for you.
But if you do have oily lids and notice your shadow "collects" in the folds of your eyelid then you should invest in a good primer. I know there is a $10 difference in the price of these two but it's worth it in my opinion. If your eyeshadow isn't going to last all day then why waste the time and money on eyeshadow?

I hope this review and comparison was helpful to you. If you have any questions or comments please leave them below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible :)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment