Photobucket

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Coastal Scents Haul/Review

I recently made some purchases from Coastal Scents. You can find them at www.coastalscents.com




(Below; Left to Right) Original 88 Color Palette, 88 Warm Palette, Gold Bliss Gel Liner, Truffle Gel Liner, Exotic Gel Liner & True Black Gel Liner.










  
 























(the above pictures I obtained from the Coastal Scents website)



Gel Liners:



These run about $6.95 each on Coastal Scents website. (shipping not included)



Here is a swatch of the Gel Liners on my hand, natural lighting, no flash:






Gold Bliss: Gold with gold shimmer in it.



Truffle: Chocolate matte dark brown.



Exotic: Black with gold shimmer in it.



True Black: Black.



The overall color pay off and textures of them are very nice. I did have an issue with the True Black one. Every time I went to the site to order it they were out of stock, then one day I noticed it was in so I made the purchase. When I got it the gel liner wasn’t very “gel” like or creamy textured like most “Gel Liners” are. It was so dry, it crumbled every time I went to use it. The other day I was desperate and took a bobby pin and stirred it. It helped make it more moist, but I lost most of the product. Other than that the other 3 are great! Very creamy, they apply so easily. Anyone can get a perfect application with little to no practice. I believe Coastal Scents has 25 different colors. Even though I had an issue with the True Black Liner, I’m not going to hold that against them. I will be back to get more



88 Palettes:



The 88 Color Palette runs around $18.95 on the Coastal Scents website (shipping not included)



Here is a pic of the palette, natural lighting, no flash:







88 Color: These are mostly matte shadows ranging from white to black and pretty much every color in the rainbow in between.



The 88 Warm Palette runs around $24.95 on the Coastal Scents website (shipping not included)



Here is a pic of the palette, natural lighting, no flash:







88 Warm: a mix of matte and shimmer / frosted shadows. Ranging from white to silver, gold, burgundy, copper, bronze and almost every shade of brown imaginable.



I had been hearing about how good Coastal Scents’ palettes were for some time. I was skeptical at first, because I remember when I was younger playing with my mom’s makeup palettes (from who knows where) and they were so powdery, little to no color pay off at all, and this being a palette with 88 colors and so affordable…I just didn’t think it was going to be that great…but boy was I surprised. The color pay off is amazing! So rich in pigmentation. The shadows last all day (with an eye shadow primer of course) Easy to blend, great color combinations. Each pan is about the size of a dime, but there is still so much product in each of them, it’ll last you a long time. The 88 Color Palette has so many bright and vivid colors, sometimes its hard for me to decide which colors I want to wear for the day lol. The 88 Warm Palette is amazing as well, so many neutral, warm colors with a mix of matte and shimmer/frosted shades. You can create so many bold, smokey looks with this one, the possibilities are endless! This is the must have palette for any girl with a makeup obsession!



So overall I am extremely happy with my Coastal Scents purchases. I hope this was helpful to you and if you have any additional questions just let me know! I’ll answer them as quickly and thoroughly as I can!



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment