Photobucket

Monday, August 23, 2010

Celebrity Inspired: Carrie Underwood Makeup Look (light)

First off, let me say, I know that I do not look anything like Carrie Underwood. I'm just trying to recreate her makeup :)

While searching for pictures of her I noticed her makeup is usually the same. She either has on light eye shadow or dark eye shadow. This look is based on her makeup with light eye shadow. Seems that she wears light lids with the main focus on her lashes and eyeliner.

Here is a picture of her with her light eye makeup:



And here is my recreation:




















How I did it:
After applying a primer find a matte shadow that matches your skin tone. Apply that all over the lid. Then find a matte shadow one to two shades darker than your skin tone and apply that in the crease. Take a matte white shade for your brow highlight. Take a soft kohl black eyeliner and line your upper and lower waterline -not recommended if you have sensitive eyes (also known as tight lining) Take a black cream or gel liner and line your upper lash line then take whats left on the brush and line your lower lash line. It doesn't have to be perfect, smudge it out. Curl your lashes and apply your favorite lengthening mascara. Define your brows.

Products I used:
Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette
Rimmel London Kohl Liner in Black
Coastal Scents Gel Liner in True Black
Great Lash Big
Maybelline Define a Brow in Medium



Hope you guys find this helpful and try this look out :)

On a side note, my daughter and I got to meet Carrie Underwood in 2008 when she performed at NSU, the college in our hometown (She also attended and graduated there)

And yes, she looks flawless in person too




1 comment:

  1. OMG gorgeous!! You have lovely eyes :) The makeup is soft, yet makes a powerful statement, good job.

    xoxo
    Victoria Stanell

    Associate Product Editor
    beautylish.com
    blog.beautylish.com
    twitter.com/beautylish

    ReplyDelete